Here's a new episode you can be thankful for. Right? Right? Because Thanksgiving? I was tempted to wait an extra day to release this, but you've all waited so long already, I didn't want to hold it back any longer. There was some extra coordination and production that went into making this episode extra special. We're very excited to unleash it on the world.
The main focus of this episode is encryption and privacy, specifically spurred by the conversation that emerged in the wake of the attacks in Paris. This led us to produce our first interview. John Stark (the man responsbile for creating Charles), former CIA agent, provided some insight into spying and how technology today plays a role. Charles and I then dive in after and discuss our own thoughts about the conversation he and his dad had. Obviously, with such a complex issue, we barely even scratch the surface.
Throughout the episode, we bring specific things up. Here are some links to help you along:
- The Bloomberg article that spawned this episode's main topic.
- Glenn Greenwald's TED Talk, Why Privacy Matters. This is absolutely a must watch.
- You Suck at Cooking - Cold Brew Coffee.
- Spotlight trailer. Seriously. Go see this movie.
- This American Life - Cops See it Differently. Part 1. Part 2.
- DaKah - "Unfinished Symphony". iTunes. Spotify.
You may notice fancy music mixed in with this episode. The track is produced by James T. Green. Instead of list all the awesome things he does (including a fantastic podcast), you should just go to his site right now.