For whatever reason, I became unusually obsessed with the word "compelling" this week. Might as well break out the shot glasses and tip one back every time I say it.
Bunch of things covered in this episode. I talked about my experience with the Apple Watch. We bring up the nonsense "controversy" surrounding the iPhone 6s processors. iOS Maps (because we're very timely). There's also banter about Star Wars Battlefront, Twitter layoffs, and app pricing. That's kind of glossing over things, since a bunch of other topics come up amidst the main bullet points. You know how we do.
These links will help supplement your listening experience:
- Ars Technica's article testing TSMC and Samsung iPhones.
- Ben Kuchera's Star Wars Battlefront piece.
- Luke Skywalker getting serial crushed by some huge freakin' guy.
- My thoughts on the Microsoft Surface Book.
- Twitter layoffs.
- Marco Arment's post, "Pragmatic app pricing."
- "Don't base your business on a paid app."
To reiterate from last week: please consider donating to our Extra Life team. Our goal of $1,500 is ambitious compared to what we managed to raise last year, but I believe we can manage. It's for a great cause (helping sick kids). Help us get there!
Review us on iTunes. Also subscribe to us there or on your favorite (free?) podcast client. Follow and/or DM us on Twitter (especially if you have stuff to add from what we brought up this week). Share the show with your friends/followers. We'd love that.